Favorite Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Intel Gets It - So Why Can't We?


http://video.intel.com/?fr_chl=052e351e9a5acbfc51c972a66c787b234921051f&rf=bm

Click on the link and watch "The Mystery" commercial first.

The other day I was watching T.V. and this commercial came on and I immediately thought of this connection. The commercial asks the question "When does a computer become a computer?" As that question was asked it peaked my interest. I finished watching the commercial and I saw the message clearly. I do not know if Intel has any Christian ties (wouldn't that be great!), but the message was what Christians have been wanting the world to announce for some time now. The answer to the question from the commercial was when the Intel processor was joined with the motherboard of the host computer. Do you get it yet? It is saying that it a computer at conception. Getting warmer. O.K. What I saw was the realization of the age old question - When does a human being become a human being? I know this may seem like a far stretch but the truth is there. In comparison to the commercial, a human being becomes a human being at conception. When the sperm (the Intel processor) fertilizes the egg (the motherboard) it is now a human being (a computer). Fine, so I may be crazy, but it is true. Life does not begin at birth but at conception. Psalm 139:13-15 declares "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was none of them." Although the commercial comparison may have been a far reach, the Word of God declares that from conception we are being formed and fashioned by the "hand" of God. The tragic reality is that people making computers (though helpful they are not even close in value as a human - no matter who they may be) understand this important truth while we argue whether or not a embryo (a baby) is worthy to live or die. I saw a shirt once that said "Your mother was Pro-Life - What Happened to You?" It is time for Christians to stand up for the most helpless and needy, unborn children. We were all there once and "Thank God" that some one stood up for us allowed us to have life (a gift given or taken only by God). Think about it and ask others - Intel gets it - So why can't we?

0 comments: